· Why Use
- Your roses need the very best to flourish and that’s why we’ve created Westland Rose Food, containing the key nutrients roses need to produce a fantastic show of beautiful blooms. Gardeners have long known that roses love horse manure and now there’s a simple, mess-free way to reap the benefits by using Westland Rose Food.
- Benefits of adding horse manure
- Incorporating organic matter into soil helps improve soil structure and reduces compaction. It improves soil’s ability to hold onto nutrients and moisture encouraging beneficial organisms such as earthworms and friendly bacteria to thrive. Roses in particular thrive when soil is enriched with manure.
· What to Expect
- Roses will produce even more blooms and will have improved resistance to disease. Soil conditions will improve due to retention of moisture and nutrients.
- Use 1-2 handfuls (25–50g) per rose bush, scattering the pellets evenly over the soil around the base of the plant. Work the pellets into the soil and water if dry to encourage the feed to start working.
- For best results we recommend
- A first feed in spring once the roses have started into new growth, to ensure a first flush of quality blooms. A second feed in summer after the first flush of flowers has faded, to encourage even more blooms to form.