Rhododendron Gomer Waterer
Lovely rosy-lilac buds open to pinky-white flowers flushed mauve pink at the edges with a distinctive yellow-brown flare. This plant is a well proven older variety that flowers in early June.
It certainly ranks as one of our favourites and is ideal for hedging and screening. If you have a difficult position this is definitely the plant for you. Vigorous and tolerating sun, heat and wind and shade, what more can you ask for? Height 150-180cm in 10 years.
Please note this variety has a broad habit, wider than its height. Specimen sizes will typically be measured across the spread of the plant.
- Recommended for: Hedging/screening.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hardy Hybrid.
- Parentage: ‘Madame Carvalho’ X ‘Pink Pearl’.
- Hybridization date: pre 1900.
- Bred by: Waterer (Bagshot). Origin: British.
- Tolerant of sun, heat, wind and shade.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.