Westland Bulb Planting & Potting Mix offers the following unique benefits:
- Provides the perfect environment for root growth, allowing the bulbs to use the whole volume of the pot or container for rooting.
- Makes it easier to re-wet, retains moisture to keep the plant hydrated and drains easily to ensure that roots are not water-logged and the bulbs don’t rot.
- Holds a base nutrient supply ensuring even feeding which provides a longer period before supplementary feeding is required (typically 5-6 weeks).
How to Use
First, put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands, so that it regains its intended texture. Then you’re all set.
Planting Bulbs Indoors
- Select large, clean healthy-looking bulbs for the best results. Place some Westland Bulb Planting & Potting Mix in the bottom of a clean container.
- Place the bulbs on this firmly, ensuring that they are pointing upwards.
- Add more bulb planting compost so that only the bulb tips can be seen above the surface. Place container in a cupboard, or anywhere that is cold, airy and dark. Examine the container regularly to ensure that it does not dry out.
- Water as necessary.
- Once the shoots have reached a height of 1-2” move the container to a light and cool room or porch (10ºC or 50ºF). Move the container again into a warmer room once the shoots have become fully green. Ensure that the container is kept away from both excessive heat sources and draughts.
Aftercare for Indoor Bulbs
- Once the bulbs have finished flowering, move them to a light cool place and continue to water regularly and feed.
Planting Bulbs Outdoors
- Dig a hole 4-6” deep and cover the bottom with a layer of Westland Bulb Planting & Potting Mix.
- Place bulbs firmly into the compost.
- Fill the remainder of the hole with Westland Bulb Planting & Potting Mix.
- Water thoroughly.
Aftercare for Outdoor Bulbs
- Once the bulbs have flowered, water regularly and feed with a liquid feed.
When to Use
Can be used for planting bulbs inside or outdoors.